Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration User Group – June 2017
Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration User Group – June Meetup
June 26, 2017 from 6 PM to 8 PM
Microsoft Store – Shops at North Bridge
520 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago IL (map)
Our Evangelist for SharePoint and Office 365, Doug Hemminger, will speak at the Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration User Group meeting on Monday, June 26. The topic will be about administering Office 365 with an emphasis on Security and Compliance. Use the link above to join the group and RSVP.
Overview of Security and Compliance Features in Office 365
This session will be primarily a demo and walk-through of the security and compliance features in Office 365, including:
- Archiving – Allows you to manage information lifecycle in Office 365 by automatically archiving older and infrequently accessed content, and removing older content after it’s no longer required. It includes archive mailboxes, retention policies, Overview of document deletion policies and records management.
- Auditing – You can use the auditing functionality in Office 365 to track changes made to your Exchange Online configuration by Microsoft and by your organization’s administrators and changes made by users to documents and other items in the site collections of your SharePoint Online organization. After you turn on auditing to capture admin and user actions, you can view audit reports and export the audit logs.
- Data Loss Prevention – Data loss prevention (DLP) helps you protect sensitive information and prevent its inadvertent disclosure.
- eDiscovery – Electronic discovery, or eDiscovery, is the process of identifying and delivering electronic information that can be used as evidence in legal cases.
- Information Rights Management – Information Rights Management (IRM) helps prevent sensitive information from being printed, forwarded, saved, edited, or copied by unauthorized people.