Milwaukee Internet of Things Meetup – June 2018
Should I IoT?
SPR is a sponsor of the Milwaukee Internet of Things Meetup.
Most IoT projects start out with an amazing idea. Creative sparks fly. Industries will be changed! Modern life will never be the same! Then, thinking through some of the details, reality begins to set in. You start to ask some important questions like:
- Is an IoT device / system the right solution for the problem I’m trying to solve?
- How do I come up with a “proof of concept” for my idea that will resonate?
- Does the solution need to scale, and if so, how can I figure that out?
- Can this be profitable on its own, or will add value to whatever it enhances?
- How early in the process will I be able to figure out an approximate ROI?
- When should I concern myself with things like “predictive maintenance” or “efficiency gains”?
Our session will explore answers to these questions and more, based on decades of experience with both successful and failed IoT endeavors. If you’re considering an IoT project in the near future, from an enterprise solution to a personal project idea, you’ll find advice here you can’t get anywhere else.
Speaker – Kurt Brandt @ LinqThingz
Host – Northwestern Mutual
This is a great opportunity to check out their beautiful new Tower and one of the city’s newest landmark buildings! NOTE: To comply with security policies in the building, we need to lock the guest list 24 hours before the event. You will no longer be able to register after 1pm on 6/13. If you are not registered you will not be admitted to the building, so sign up early!
- Check in